Thursday, July 24, 2008

Last week I woke up at midnight and ate some Top Ramen. I know everyone hates Top Ramen, but I've always loved it. And it was tasty. I haven't had a good night of sleep for a long time. I wake up at least 3 times a night to go to the bathroom. Seriously. I should buy stock in Jamba Juice. Jamba Juice has been SO good lately. I can't take a hot shower anymore. It has to be luke-warm and I frequently stick my head out of the curtain to catch my breath. The other day I actually took my entire shower sitting down. Can I tell you how good lime popsicles are? I love them. I am making friends with bathrooms and know where they are anywhere I go. Food usually sounds repulsive. I can no longer eat hot dogs. I have cried at silly things lately. Like episodes of Friends, when Farid kissed Meggie in Inskpell, when Elinor pulled everything out of the entertainment center for the 3rd time in one day, when my phone wouldn't charge, I'm pretty sure I even cried while watching Judge Judy one day. I'm not sure whether I'm more embarrassed to admit I cried while watching it or that I actually watched it. I am a new level of exhausted. Like I don't want to get off the couch. Like I cry when I have to get up early. Like no matter how long I sleep at night it doesn't make a difference. What can all this mean?






In the words of my friend Anne,
"I'm growing a person in my uterus."

6 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

No WAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you guys! How far along are you? I'm sorry you're not feeling well -- that's not so fun:( Thank goodness for summer vacation, right?!

Erin said...

i knew it... the moment you texted me. congratulations!!! how exciting!

Mrs. Cropper said...

no way! check you out! i'm so excited--congrats!! amen about jamba. and popcicles. so happy for you...

oh and my word verification is
twyns

a sign?!

Laura Barnett said...

I hate those middle of the night bathroom trips! Congratulations guys!!

Emily said...

whoa whoa whoa!!!! hooray! how's it the second time around. email me!!!

Christy said...

Wow! That ending was a surprise to me! Congratulations!