Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Guest Visitor

Today we were graced with the presence of a special guest visitor in our classroom. The students were very excited and the buzz lasted all day. Here is a picture of our special guest visitor:
Yes, that's right. We had a nice live scorpion running around our classroom. For those who know me, scorpions are my WORST foe. I hate spiders, but scorpions push it to the next level. We had some screaming, some jumping, and even a little temporary paralysis. We don't know where it came from or if it was all by itself. Oh, and we also found out that it's one of the most deadly scorpions. Ahh! The student who found it was about 1 inch away from it before he noticed. Well at least we have some excitement as the year is ending. Even if it means that I have goosebumps every minute I am in my classroom!

3 comments:

Emily said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (That's me screaming with you!) After living in your lovely land and experiencing scorpions, I'm with you-they are wicked!

Tori said...

Yuck. I think I actually would have been more freaked out by your classroom scorpion than my classroom rat! I TOTALLY understand the classroom pandemonium that ensued... oy.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

ALICIA!!!! this is Emily (Hill) Ames. I found your blog through Emily's and almost wet my pants I was so excited1 I had no idea you guys were in Provo -- we are TOO! Where have I been?! What grade do you teach? how is everytrhing going? Tell Brad I say hi! Congratulations on Baby Elinor (sorry its about 7 months late...). She is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!!
Brian and I are expecting a little boy in August...maybe if Elinor doesn't mind younger men, we could set them up in about 20 years;)
Where in Provo do you guys live? (I guess that's kind of a personal question for a blog). We'll be here for another month and then in June we'll be moving to LA for Brian to start his job with a bank down there. I'd love to see you before we go!